Friday, 31 December 2010

'Happy' New Year

I have never understood people's excitement about New Year, I've always considered it something of a depressing time to be honest. Christmas is over, the holiday period is drawing to a close, work or school beckons. Yet people want to celebrate the arrival of January? Why?

Yes, yes, I know. It's the start of a new year, a new chapter in everyone's lives, etc. I understand the symbolism, I just can't get that worked up about it. Maybe it's just me.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I hope the last 365 days have been good to anyone reading this and I also, in the spirit of the times, extend my hope that the next 365 days are also, on the whole, good ones.

I'm off to have a drink (assuming my son finally goes down to sleep) and to watch Harry Hill's TV Burp Gold 3 on DVD with Mrs Sane. Expect I'll be in bed by about 10.30. Ooh, the decadence.

See you in 2011.